Sunday 16 February 2014

Going along slowly (very)

Drum roll.......I have finished one of my Finish Along 2014 items.

(edited to add my original list is here)

The Heaven and Hex cushion is completed.  It is 25" square - well almost square - the corners are a little strangely shaped - think I need to move the cushion insert stuffing around a bit.  The back is envelope style with Velcro using an IKEA home dec weight fabric.  The pattern is from Fat Quarterly



The Giant Vintage Star Quilt is coming along.  It is cut and triangles sewn together in each square ready for joining.


The Lucky Stars quilt has seen a bit more quilting but that's about it.

I have not been totally idle as my time has been taken by making these


blocks for Alison at Little Island Quilting.  She is collecting finished 12 1/2" blocks to make into quilts for Mexican ex-street children.  Please take a look at the details here

I am listening to Tom Robinson on 6Music as I type - it is sublime this evening with a focus on The Smiths as well as all the other great music he is playing. 

A fabric equivalent of sublime music is this zebra print


I hope anyone affected by the stormy weather we have here on the south coast of England and elsewhere are managing ok.

Happy stitching.



1 comment: