Thursday 3 April 2014

Finish Along 2014 Q1 Lucky Stars Finish

At last I finished the Lucky Stars for my Mum and it was delivered on Mothers Day.  I started in early 2013 with Don't Call Me Betsy's BOM Club 2013.  I have also added a couple of HST blocks and a block pattern by Lynne of Lily's Quilts featured in Love Quilting and Patchwork.  The fabric was Kate Spain and mostly the Cuzco collection.  The Lucky Stars blocks are all paper pieced and I love the technique but it does waste a lot of fabric which I hate doing.

 The first photo shows  Lynne of Lily's Quilts block which looks great with the peacock in the middle.





 
 
So I managed a grand total of 2 out of 6 - not bad for my first time.  Must try harder, must try harder, must try harder x 100 lines.  My original list is here.
 
I am linking this to the Littlest Thistle Finish Along 2014 Q1 page. 
Thanks to Katy and all the sponsors for the great incentives to do better next time!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment